- Cut the bread (bun) in half
- Grease one part with butter. Another - with pesto sauce
- On bread with cream cheese, we spread chopped tomatoes
- Оn top (of the tomatoes), lay out slices of mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper the cheese and cover with another part of the bread with pesto sauce
- Spray/grease with oil or butter the top of the bread and the parchment on which the sandwich will be baked
- We transfer the future sandwich to a baking sheet, grill or grill pan and cook until the cheese melts and the crust on the bread is crispy
- Serve hot until the sandwich is crispy and not soggy
It doesn't have to be à la caprese. You can use your favorite sauce/cheese, add some other ingredients and it will also be delicious.
Do not add too much sauce/tomatoes - so that the sandwich is moderately juicy, crispy, and not wet.
It is better to cook such a sandwich on a rack in the oven or on the grill (instead of a flat surface) to avoid excess liquid.
If you don't have enough time in the morning - make the preparations in the evening, and just prepare fresh, hot sandwiches in the morning.