Cauliflower steak in the oven
If you are not a big fan of cauliflower - not a big deal, after this recipe any of you will love it.Just cook it and make sure!
- Clean the excess leaves and cut the cauliflower into large pieces (like steaks)
- In one of bowls mix all dry ingredients for breading: flour, parmesan, garlic, paprika, Italian herbs, oregano
- In other bowl mix eggs, salt/pepper until smooth
- In the third bowl mix tomato paste, water and another seasonings
- Deep every steak in such order: 1. egg mass 2. breading
- Pour 1-2 spoons of tomato mass over the top of each steak and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 30 min in preheated to 180/350 degrees oven, under foil, until soft
- Leave steaks in the oven for a few minutes to brown the cheese at the end of baking
- Sprinkle with a chopped green for serving and enjoy.
Nut flour will taste much more better than regular, I've used almond and coconut flour.
Don't be scared that it might be dry and undercooked - I assure you it tastes incredible! BUT
To do this, do not cut them into too coarse pieces and then everything will be well prepared.